Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"plant a seed and watch it grow"

There is nothing more rewarding then to see my daughter figure a problem out(regardless if it's English and finding a noun or verb.. or a Math problem.. or sounding out a "big" word all on her own..) and she looks up at me with such excitement in her eyes.. and a BIG smile on her face (something I might add I would miss if she would be in public school) and say to me "Mommy, I did it.. I did it all by myself!" How great is that?? Since we started home school (yes.. in just a short amount of time.. but just comes to show how fast things change in such a short period of time) my daughter has picked up on a lot.. for example.. before we started home school she never knew.. what a noun or verb was.. how to add and subtract .. how to write a sentence..that a verb is a word that tells what a noun is doing.. what a long hand and a short hand means on a clock..knowing her left from her right.. able to memorize spelling words and sight words..and have me verbally call them out to her and she can spell them with out any help..The list could go on and on.. But my point is.. I am teaching her all this..In ways she understands.. and is able to sponge it all up..and I feel very proud of myself and her, because I know how well she is doing.. She is already way ahead of all of her old school mates.. (I know this, because we have been working on a whole grade level work book higher then they were in her old class room in a public school)  So, when all of her old school mates are starting the new school year at the beginning  of  the first grade level my daughter will be over half way done with 1st grade work and beginning of 2nd grade! :)  

Well, that's all for now.. Feel free to comment if you want.. but only if it's nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment