Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What we have been up to lately..Part 2

So.. Getting back to what we have been up to lately..

Besides just doing things at home.. We also have gotten involved in things at our church. Grace is in the Children's choir on Sunday nights. She is in Class called "Sparks" it's a part of AWANA..And for those of you who might not know what AWANA is..It's a group that gets together once a week  (on Wednesday nights) and there are different age group classes that teach kids about the Bible. They study and learn Bible verses and The kids love it. They have fun activities and sing, play games and get the chance to make friends.

So.. my fear of my daughter not getting the socialization she needs is no question any more (which a lot of people fear when you tell them about home schooling) My daughter is getting a lot of time to interaction with not just kids her own age.. but older and younger. So, between our home school group and the things my daughter is evolved in  at our church she's got plenty of friend to socialize with. :)

Other things we have been working on lately is..I have been working on reviewing the sight words she already learned. She can read them and spell them. Even after a month of not going over them she still knows them. My daughter is now able to read a level 1 book on her own with out any help from me.. She will sit there and sound out a word if she doesn't know what it is. I will shortly be moving her from a level 1 to a level 2. (In fact we are going to the Library today we might get a level 2 book to see how well she does)

I am so proud of her..and amazed on how much she has learned in just under 2 months (April 1st will be 2 month mark) Others who I talk to and tell them how much she is able to do and already..And they see her work and get to see how much she knows. They are amazed,too!  We absolutely LOVE home schooling! :)

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for reading. Comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment